How Do I Find the Right Family Dentist Near Me?
Kids, teens, adults, and seniors have unique oral care needs.
That’s why finding the right family dentist for you and your family can eliminate your need to travel to different offices.
But, you’re probably wondering:
“What can I do to find the perfect family dentist near me?”
In this quick blog, you’ll learn:
- 4 factors you need to consider
- The different types of dentists
- Benefits of a family dentist
- And more
Let’s get started.
4 factors to consider when looking for the right family dentist
There are specific components you should keep in mind when searching for a quality dentist.
This includes their:
- Education and credentials
- Dental services offered
- Positive reviews and testimonials
- Office culture and personalities
- Insurance and financing options
1. Education and credentials
In the United States, the following accreditation is needed to meet dental licensing standards:
- Four-year bachelor’s degree
- Dental Admissions Test (DAT)
- Dental classroom study and clinical experience
- Pass licensing exams
- Training and licensing in a specialized field (optional)
However, it’s equally important to ask your potential dentist if they continue their education or have the credentials you’re looking for.
Dentists who seek continuing education are up-to-date on the latest dental techniques and technology. They employ this learned knowledge into their practices, resulting in more effective treatment for you.
- Membership with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry… This text opens a new tab to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry website…
- Membership with the American Academy of Periodontology… This text opens a new tab to the American Academy of Periodontology website…
- Membership with the American Association of Orthodontists… This text opens a new tab to the American Association of Orthodontists website…
- Invisalign certification
… This text opens a new tab to the Invisalign website…
- Botox and dermal fillers certification
Looking for Florida dentists who have all of the following?
Big Boca Smiles is proud to be passionate about continuing education and credentials to ensure you leave our office with a healthy and beautiful smile.
Schedule a consultation with us to see if we’re the right family dentists for you.
2. Dental services offered
Let’s discuss the different types of dental services. These are:
- General dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry
- Restorative dentistry
- Pediatric dentistry
According to the American Dental Association… This text opens a new tab to the American Dental Association website…, dentists can continue their education in nine specialties.
- Public health dentistry
- Oral and maxillofacial surgery
- Oral and maxillofacial pathology
- Oral and maxillofacial radiology
While cosmetic dentistry isn’t a recognized specialization, a dentist can receive continuing education and accreditation to learn the best techniques to enhance your smile.
Finding a qualified team of dental experts will eliminate the need for referrals and additional travel to other offices.
In addition, you and your family will be able to utilize the same dental office with all in-house dental services.
Our Boca Raton dentists are proud to service all your family, cosmetic, and restorative dental needs under one roof at Big Boca Smiles.
Big Tooth Boca… This text opens a new tab to the Big Tooth Boca website… is a family-focused dental office that offers specialized pediatric care for your little ones, too.
We have two practices within one office to ensure quality treatments for you and your family without the stress of finding multiple dentists.
3. Positive reviews and testimonials
One of the best ways to find your permanent family dentist is to hear from actual patients and reviews.
Checking out their Google… This text opens a new tab to the Google Reviews website… or Facebook reviews… This text opens a new tab to the Facebook website… will help you understand:
- The office environment
- Doctor personalities
- Quality of work
In addition to considering reviews and testimonials, you want to also look at their smile gallery to see real results.
This can help narrow down your choices.
4. Insurance and financing options
Finally, you want to consider your dental office’s payment options.
Finding a family dentist who believes in providing affordable, quality dentistry is also as important as the services, education, and testimonials.
Big Boca Smiles is committed to helping you maximize your insurance, and we’re proud to be in-network for many dental insurance companies.
We also offer a range of payment options, including:
- Debit cards
- Major credit cards
- CareCredit… This text opens a new tab to the CareCredit website…
- LendingClub… This text opens a new tab to the Lending Club website…
- Alphaeon… This text opens a new tab to the Alphaeon website…
Learn more about our insurance and financing options here.
Want comprehensive dentistry for your family in Boca Raton, FL?
For over 38 years, we’ve served families throughout the Boca Raton community and provided exceptional service.
Become a part of our family at Big Boca Smiles and Big Tooth Boca today.
Our office is located in Boca Raton, FL… This text opens a new tab to the Google Maps website…. We happily welcome patients from the neighboring communities, including Delray Beach, Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach, Coral Springs, and Boynton Beach, FL.